If you have ever wondered about the history of your home or the lives of your ancestors who may have lived in our district, you will enjoy the opportunity to use the Society’s resources to find out more. The open days at the Society’s Rooms at Thirning Villa attract a range of researchers including home-owners, university students, professional consultants, conservationists and those interested in their family trees. Often on these days, an eclectic mix of stimulating personalities with a variety of interests get together, creating a wonderful opportunity to learn about the local history of Ashfield, Summer Hill, Croydon, Croydon Park, Ashbury and Haberfield.
- Membership of the Society is excellent value. The current annual subscription is $30 (full) and $25 (concession).
- Members receive free of charge a copy of one of our recent publications (usually sold for $25).
- Members are kept informed of the Society’s activities via a regular newsletter.
- Members are also eligible for discounted admission to events organised by the Society.
- Members are able to use the facilities in our Rooms at Thirning Villa situated in Pratten Park, 40 Arthur Street, Ashfield (enter from western door).
- Our rooms are open on the second Saturday and the last Saturday of each month between 11am and 4pm.
- Weekday visits can be arranged by appointment only.
Our Society’s Committee is made up of members who volunteer their time and skills to organise events, research the history and heritage of the Ashfield district and to produce regular publications.
We would love you to join us.